Full-Stack Developer for Industry Leading SaaS Applications
Vancouver, BC, Canada
In this role, you will be a critical component in the evolution of Navarik's technology and products. We are preparing for rapid growth into new markets. To support this we are developing a completely new set of SaaS applications and services, as well as new data products for commodity and market traders.
Our clients include global oil giants such as BP, Chevron, Exxon and Shell. Our applications track and monitor cargo movements and help the industry reduce loss and waste. In addition, our unique set of data provides insights into the worldwide commodity market that no other company is able to match.
We are a small group of developers handling big responsibilities; we live by the motto “Think big, act small, fail fast, learn and progress rapidly”. If you work this way, then we’re the right team for you…
Navarik is comprised of a team of highly motivated people working together in pursuit of product excellence and service to our customers. Every team member is empowered to learn, grow and share his or her knowledge and experience. Together, we are true, brilliant and we make things happen!
At Navarik, the overall well-being of our team is important. We believe in creating a culture that supports and provides opportunities for personal and professional development so that we can collectively provide the best experience for our clients and teams.
Required Skills & Experience (Need to Have)
- 3+ years experience in full stack web development with PHP, JS, HTML and CSS using MVC frameworks.
- Innovative thinker who is creative in finding solutions to business and technology problems.
- Experience configuring and working with modern development tools such as issue tracking systems, continuous integration systems, package managers and collaboration tools.
- Database design skills including normalisation, data modelling and writing complex, yet fast and efficient SQL queries.
- Experience creating and integrating with RESTful APIs and XML web services.
- Use of version control systems.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix based OSs as a target environment.
Bonus Assets (Nice to Have)
- Agile experience
- Experience with ReactJS
- Experience working with SOA
- Mobile app development
- Experience with test automation using Selenium WebDriver / PHPUnit
- Knowledge of Ruby
- DevOps experience
The Market We Serve
Navarik Corp. is a software and data service provider to the commodity trading industry. Navarik is the industry leading, global solution that standardizes and processes operational trading and supply information for over 4000 users across 50 different countries from energy majors such as: ExxonMobil, BP and Chevron.
The People We Want
Navarik is comprised of a team of highly motivated people working together in pursuit of product excellence and service to our customers. We seek brilliant, hardworking people who want to be part of a growing team and fun environment where leading edge technology and solutions are created and successfully commercialized. Every team member is empowered to learn, grow and share his or her knowledge and experience. Together, we are TRUE, BRILLIANT and we MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!
At Navarik, the overall well-being of our team is important. We believe in fostering a culture that supports and provides opportunities for personal and professional development so that we can collectively provide the best experience for our clients and teams. We are located near the Olympic Village, at the south end of False Creek, near Science world and the Main Street Skytrain station.
To join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.