Junior Data Steward
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Navarik is looking for a Junior Data Steward who undersands the critical nature of data accuracy and data business processes. Aligned with Navarik's initiative to put quality first, you will help ensure that Navarik's data meets our highest standards. You will be directly involved in managing the data cleaning process, as well as provide feedback in developing systems for ongoing improvements to data processing.
- apt at performing quality control against data business rules
- capable of processing high volumes of data in an accurate and timely manner
- investigate data issues
- clear and concise communication with external parties
- identify and help implement proactive data issue prevention strategies based on BI metrics and process gaps
- reporting problems with data timely and accurately
- committed to safeguarding data as per Navarik's data governance program
- entering data accurately and timely into Navarik's platform
- verifying and correcting data entered by other parties in compliance with Navarik's needs and policies
- provide input on the development of new BI tools/reports for analyzing/viewing data.
- identify areas for process improvement and collaborate in suggesting/designing solutions
- trace a completed work item by maintaining accurate records of all steps undertaken
- perform quality control on all aspects of work undertaken in data management to ensure that data quality and integrity is maintained
- provide constructive feedback on data issues by participating in internal team reviews
- take on additional work items as required by the Navarik data team
- razor-sharp wit and knowledge of the main business processes at Navarik
- self-contained as well as team player
- great communication skill
- excellent time management skills
Required Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following preferred: Commerce, Mathematics or Statistics, Systems Analysis, or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with public, semi-public, restricted, and sensitive data in any domain, preferably trading and commodities
- knowledge of data ingestion and processing procedures
- relevant hands-on projects or work experience in data management
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- advance Microsoft Office skills
- have a high level of attention to detail
- data management training
- experience in collaboration to propose or implement technical solutions to improve data processes and managemetn tools
- Knowledge of SQL, database concepts, and BI tools
The Market We Serve
Navarik Corp. is a software and data service provider to the commodity trading industry. Navarik is the industry leading, global solution that standardizes and processes operational trading and supply information for over 4000 users across 50 different countries from energy majors such as: ExxonMobil, BP and Chevron.
The People We Want
Navarik is comprised of a team of highly motivated people working together in pursuit of product excellence and service to our customers. We seek brilliant, hardworking people who want to be part of a growing team and fun environment where leading edge technology and solutions are created and successfully commercialized. Every team member is empowered to learn, grow and share his or her knowledge and experience. Together, we are TRUE, BRILLIANT and we MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!
At Navarik, the overall well-being of our team is important. We believe in fostering a culture that supports and provides opportunities for personal and professional development so that we can collectively provide the best experience for our clients and teams. We are located near the Olympic Village, at the south end of False Creek, near Science world and the Main Street Skytrain station.
To join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful candidates will be contacted.