Senior QA Advisor for Industry Leading SaaS Applications
Vancouver, BC, Canada
[ POSITION CURRENTLY CLOSED ]
In this role, you will be a critical component in the evolution of Navarik's technology and products. We are preparing for rapid growth into new markets. To support this we are developing a completely new set of SaaS applications and services, as well as new data products for commodity and market traders.
Our clients include global oil giants such as BP, Chevron, Exxon and Shell. Our applications track and monitor cargo movements and help the industry reduce loss and waste. In addition, our unique set of data provides insights into the worldwide commodity market that no other company is able to match.
We are a small group of developers handling big responsibilities; we live by the motto “Think big, act small, fail fast, learn and progress rapidly”. If you work this way, then we’re the right team for you…
Navarik is comprised of a team of highly motivated people working together in pursuit of product excellence and service to our customers. Every team member is empowered to learn, grow and share his or her knowledge and experience. Together, we are true, brilliant and we make things happen!
At Navarik, the overall well-being of our team is important. We believe in creating a culture that supports and provides opportunities for personal and professional development so that we can collectively provide the best experience for our clients and teams.
Required Skills & Experience (Need to Have)
- 4+ years’ experience in QA
- Experience working with and writing test automation scripts
- Strong manual testing skills including writing test plans / cases
- Can-do attitude
- Analytical, methodical and detail oriented
- Experience working with SOAP and RESTful APIs
- Experience with version control systems
- Able to write SQL to at least intermediate level
- Exploratory testing skills
- Proactive attitude
Bonus Assets (Nice to Have)
- Experience with Selenium
- Able to write or interested in learning Ruby
- Experience with test case management systems
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Knowledge of PHP / Oracle / Unit tests
- Experience working with SOA architecture
- Release process management
- Experience with API testing tools such as SOAPui and Postman
- Experience with testing enterprise solutions
- Process and quality improvement mentality
- Mobile testing experience
- Software development experience
The Market We Serve
Navarik Corp. is a software and data service provider to the commodity trading industry. Navarik is the industry leading, global solution that standardizes and processes operational trading and supply information for over 4000 users across 50 different countries from energy majors such as: ExxonMobil, BP and Chevron.
The People We Want
Navarik is comprised of a team of highly motivated people working together in pursuit of product excellence and service to our customers. We seek brilliant, hardworking people who want to be part of a growing team and fun environment where leading edge technology and solutions are created and successfully commercialized. Every team member is empowered to learn, grow and share his or her knowledge and experience. Together, we are TRUE, BRILLIANT and we MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!
At Navarik, the overall well-being of our team is important. We believe in fostering a culture that supports and provides opportunities for personal and professional development so that we can collectively provide the best experience for our clients and teams. We are located near the Olympic Village, at the south end of False Creek, near Science world and the Main Street Skytrain station.
To join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.