Navarik is looking for a full-time, permanent Data Entry Clerk who understands the critical nature of data accuracy and timeliness. Aligned with Navarik’s initiative to put quality first, you will help ensure that Navarik’s data meets our highest standards. The Data Entry Clerk will be responsible for entering information from structured and unstructured fields into Navarik’s platform.
Ideal candidates are expected to engage in a steep learning curve on the industry we serve as well as the nature of the data. This role will also involve extensive training on the platform where work will be performed during your probation period.
- Working with data makes you happy. You are intelligent and detailed oriented.
- Learning is what drives you. You are curious, coachable, and adaptable.
- Getting things done and doing it well are second nature to you. You are self-motivated, highly organized, and driven to excel.
- Collaborating with others is satisfying to you. You are an excellent communicator and a team player.
- Seeking improvements to the way you perform your work is a principle to you. You have excellent time management skills.
- Positive and Personable are adjectives you use to describe yourself in your work environment. You have a “can-do” attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent.
- Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. - Time management and attention to detail.
- Previous experience in data entry.
- Knowledge of data ingestion and processing procedures.
- Knowledge of the commodity shipping industry and/or inspection industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with public, semi-public, restricted, and sensitive data in any domain, preferably trading and commodities.
- Entering data accurately and timely into Navarik’s platform.
- Capable of processing high volumes of data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Capable of adhering to data business procedures.
- Identifying and reporting data issues.
- Provide constructive feedback on data issues by participating in internal team reviews.
- Clear and concise communication with external parties.
- Verifying all data provided by other parties in compliance with Navarik’s needs and policies.
- Identify areas for process improvement and collaborate in suggesting/designing solutions.
- Take on additional work items as required by the Navarik data team.
- Committed to safeguarding data as per Navarik’s data governance program.
- Creating spreadsheets to track data anomalies.
Navarik is a software and data service provider to the commodity trading industry. Navarik is the industry leading, global solution that standardizes and processes operational trading and supply information for over 4000 users across 50 different countries from energy majors such as Chevron, ExxonMobil, and Shell.
The People We Want Navarik is comprised of a team of highly motivated people working together in pursuit of product excellence and service to our customers. We seek brilliant, hardworking people who want to be part of a growing team and fun environment where leading edge technology and solutions are created and successfully commercialized. Every team member is empowered to learn, grow, and share his or her knowledge and experience.
At Navarik, the overall well-being of our team is important. We believe in fostering a culture that supports and provides opportunities for personal and professional development so that we can collectively provide the best experience for our clients and teams. While our office is located near Olympic Village, Navarik has taken precautions and measures to protect our team in light of COVID 19 by equipping our teams to work remotely.
Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
It is not part of Navarik’s hiring process to request potential candidates for sensitive information such as banking details, social insurance number, etc. prior to a signed employment offer or via your personal email address. If you receive an employment offer or a request for any personal information, and you feel suspicious of the request, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org before responding. Please be extra wary of fraudulent/phishing email addresses (for example, check the domain spelling).
To join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject referencing “DATA202010”. Although we do appreciate and welcome applications through third party websites, we highly recommend submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure reception of your application.
Our current processing time for Data Entry Clerk candidates may take up to a month. Only successful candidates will be contacted.