Navarik is committed to maintaining the security, confidentiality and privacy of your personal information. This Policy documents our ongoing privacy commitment.
This Policy applies to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information relating to your use of Navarik's services. This Policy does not impose any limits on the collection, use or disclosure of business contact information or certain publicly-available information. It does not apply to information relating to corporate or commercial entities.
We may change this Policy from time to time, and these changes will be incorporated without notice into a revised Policy that will be posted at navarik.com in order to ensure that you will always have the most current information with respect to our privacy practices.
We have designated a Privacy Officer who is responsible for our compliance with this Policy. The Privacy Officer's contact information is set out at the end of this Policy.
Information That We Collect Directly from You
We may collect some or all of the following information directly from you:
- your name, email address and Navarik login credentials
Information collected through our website and apps
We or our service providers that help us maintain and operate the Navarik service may also automatically collect the following information relating to your access to and use of the Navarik service through cookies, authorization tokens, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; your type of computer or mobile device; pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit or use the service, and how you use the service.
We may use various technological methods to track the patterns of users accessing and using the Navarik service, including the following methods:
- Authorization Tokens: We may allow you to use certain third-party accounts (for example, LinkedIn, Google) to authenticate and log into Navarik using those third-party accounts. If you authorize use to authenticate using a third-party service, depending on how that third-party services are configured we may receive user login credentials or an anonymous identifier or token.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites. We may use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on our site and service. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We may also use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send to determine whether you have opened those e-mails or clicked on links in the e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is not personally identifying.
- Click Stream Data: When you use, read, browse or download information from our website and services, we or our service providers may also collect information such as the date, time and duration of a visit, information about your location, the pages accessed, the IP address of your computer, and any information downloaded.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your computer or device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit Navarik from certain geographic regions.
When collecting personal information, we will state the purpose of collection and will provide, on request, contact information for our Privacy Officer who can answer questions about the collection.
We collect, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide, operate, maintain and improve our Navarik site and service and the services and information we provide through our site and service;
to better understand how users access and use our site and service, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our site and services and to respond to user preferences;
- to authenticate your identity;
- to manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example, in the case of an acquisition or merger, the provision of security for a credit facility or the change of a supplier of products or services;
- to maintain accurate client records;
- to protect us, yourself and others from fraud and error and to safeguard our business interests;
- to monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us, including the Navarik Terms and Conditions;
- to collect debts owed to us;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to distribute to third parties including financial institutions, payment processors, lawyers, financial institutions and government licensing bodies for any of the above purposes.
The above collections, uses and disclosures, which are not exhaustive, are a necessary part of your relationship with us. By providing such personal information to us, you consent to us using and disclosing that information for these purposes.
When personal information that has been collected is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, we will identify the new purpose and obtain your consent before using the information for that purpose, unless the use is authorized or required by law.
We may use aggregated, non-identifiable information about our clients for promotional, advertising, research and other commercial purposes, and we may use, license and sell such aggregated data as we see fit. We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized or required by law to do so without consent.
Your consent can be express, implied or given through an authorized representative. Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify us that you do not wish your personal information collected/used/disclosed for various purposes after you have received notice of those purposes) or otherwise.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal, contractual and other restrictions, provided that you give us reasonable notice of withdrawal of consent. If you notify us that you withdraw consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of that withdrawal of consent, which may include our inability to provide certain services for which that information is necessary.
Limits on Collection of Personal Information
We will not collect personal information indiscriminately but will limit collection of personal information to that which is reasonable and necessary. We will also collect personal information as authorized by law.
Limits for Using, Disclosing and Retaining Personal Information
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above and as authorized by law.
We will keep personal information used to make a decision affecting you for at least one year after using it to make the decision.
We will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retaining the information and retention is no longer necessary for a legal or business purpose.
We will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
We may retain agents, subcontractors or service providers from time to time in relation to our business. If we require a service provider to deal with your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the service provider adheres to privacy procedures and will keep your personal information confidential. We will not provide more information than is necessary to the service provider and will ensure that the information is returned or destroyed once the purpose for which it was given is filled.
We are based in Canada, but our service providers may be located in various other jurisdictions. You acknowledge that your personal information may be processed and stored in foreign jurisdictions and that the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in those jurisdictions may be able to obtain disclosure of that personal information through the laws of the foreign jurisdiction.
If you believe that a record of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request in writing that we correct the record. We will reply promptly to your request. If we refuse to make the requested change, we will give you written reasons for that decision and will explain your further options. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
Safeguarding Personal Information
We use reasonable security arrangements to protect the personal information in our custody or control by making against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. We will take reasonable steps, through contractual or other reasonable means, to ensure that a comparable level of personal information protection is implemented by our suppliers and agents.
Confidentiality and security are not assured when information is transmitted through e-mail or other wireless communication. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered as a result of a breach of security and/or confidentiality when you transmit information to us by e-mail or other wireless communication or when we transmit such information by such means at your request.
You have a right to access your personal information held by us. If you request access, once we authenticate your identity we will provide you with your personal information under our control (unless prohibited by applicable law). We will also give you information about how that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom that information has been disclosed. We may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
In some situations, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. Where an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps that are available to you.
We will provide information regarding our privacy and complaint procedures on request. Any inquiries, complaints or questions regarding this Policy should be directed in writing to our Privacy Officer at:
Navarik Privacy Officer
3rd Floor, 56 East 2nd Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5T 1B1